Sunday, December 6, 2009

4 months of playgroup

Lele attended Chinese playgroup from July to Nov. Initially, I received many feedbacks from the teacher that Lele's attention span is quite short. Though I understood that lele's inability to sit still to receive knowledge was probably due to his inquisitive, curious and observant nature, I couldn't help worrying.

Will he outgrow his restlessness?
Is he hyperactive (Daniel convinced me that he is far from hyperactive behaviour... phew...)?
Besides including a few quiet activities (such as writing, colouring and puzzles of which he is very fond), I also set prayers for his and his teacher's high life state during lesson. Knowing Lele's curious nature, I chanted that he will be so curious about whatever the teacher is going to teach that he'll pay attention to her without getting restless. This specific prayer worked. Even without my asking, the teacher commented that Lele has been much more attentive in class. Some weeks, I'll receive good comments for 3 consecutive days. This is a far cry from initially, when he will only pay attention for 30mins at most and become quite restless. In the last lesson, he was even able to complete a worksheet by matching animals to their homes with a pencil, by listening to clues given by teacher.
Though I have chanted for Lele's development all this while, it was only when I began to set specific prayers and take specific action did I see very quick results. Before chanting, I used to worry about things even as I take action. But through this benefit, I can feel that as long as there is specific prayer + specific action, we have nothing to fear.
As a mother whose greatest responsibility is her children's wellbeing, I found this very reassuring.

No comments: